It has become even easier to visit the Statue of Unity, the world’s tallest statue in Gujarat. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off 8 trains connecting the Statue of Unity, Kevadia to various parts of the country through video conferencing. With this, the Prime Minister inaugurated various railway projects in Gujarat. Employment along with tourism
On this occasion, PM Modi said that the small beautiful Kevadia is a great example of how economy and ecology can be developed rapidly while protecting the environment in a planned manner. Due to increasing tourism, tribal youth of Kevadia are getting employment. Modern amenities are fast reaching the lives of the people here.
These are new trains
- Mahamana Express will run weekly from Kevadia to Varanasi.
Dadar-Kevadia Express will run daily from Dadar to Kevadia.
- Jan Shatabdi Express will run daily from Ahmedabad to Kevadia.
- Nizamuddin-Kevadia Sampark Kranti Express will run Hazrat Nizamuddin two days in a week.
- Kevadia-Rewa Express will run weekly from Kevadia to Rewa.
- Chennai-Kevadia Express will run weekly from Chennai to Kevadia.
- MEMU train from Pratap Nagar to Kevadia Weekly. Will go
- MEMU train will run daily from Kevadia to Pratapnagar.
Travel in a vistadome coach
PM Modi has also shared pictures of the Jan Shatabdi Express running between Ahmedabad-Kevadia on Twitter.
He informed that Kevadia station is India’s first green building certification.
VistaDoam coaches have more outdoor viewing. The sky can also be seen from the transparent roof.
50 lakh people have visited
More tourists from the Statue of Liberty have started arriving to see the Statue of Unity.
After its launch, nearly 5 million people have come to see the Statue of Unity.
The PM said that Kevadia, no longer a block in Gujarat, is emerging as the world’s largest tourist area.